Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What Is The Agoraphobic Adventure of the Day?

My goal is to beat agoraphobia, meet other agoraphobics and encourage anyone on a personal journey to overcome an obstacle... With that being said. Here was my obstacle today.. Grocery shopping. Yes I know it may sound weird but the whole process is pretty unnerving for me. Being away from home, being a far distance from the exit, and then there is the check-out line; possibly the most excruciating part of all. I just went in for 3 things. I can get three things I can do it! I went in swiftly and grabbed what I needed. There were a few people ahead of me in line and I really thought seriously about bailing and just coming back later or never.. LOL. But I made it, with a racing heart, sweating and not hearing a word the cashier said.. I made it. It’s amazing how good it feels to carry my three groceries home. My goal is to travel and the world outside of my little fishbowl, but for now I will save money (for travel expenses and possibly an ER visit... just joking about the last part). But I will take a field trip every day and force myself to leave the house every day and share it with y'all... Till tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good evening.

2 comments: